Compliance and business ethics continue to drive our strategic vision and operational agenda as we engage with clients, suppliers and local communities on critical issues such as human rights, anti-bribery and Health, Safety and Environment. This successful alignment is the responsibility of all our personnel, led by our dedicated compliance team.
Through engagement with industry working groups we remain at the forefront of international industry best practice, compliance and regulation changes. These standards are maintained throughout all areas of our operations and in particular drive our policies and operational procedures. Our commitment is clearly demonstrated in the following policies:
We have a clear policy and long-term strategy towards Local Content supported by our locally incorporated regional subsidiaries. We aim to create long-term employment opportunities and promote development of professional skills benefiting the local communities in which we operate.
We also have extensive experience of supporting our clients in meeting their own contractual Local Content obligations, specifically those working within the Oil and Gas Industry where this is often required under regulatory frameworks. This frequently involves facilitating engagement with the local communities and managing the recruitment and training of local personnel.
MEMBERSHIPS AND ASSOCIATIONS
Castor Vali is proud to be affiliated with the following industry groups and associations:
- Members of the Security in Complex Environment Group (SCEG), a Special Interest Group within ADS, since 2011 https://www.sceguk.org.uk/
- Signatories to the International Code of Conduct for Private Security Service Providers (ICOC) since August 2011 https://www.icoca.ch/
- Kenya Chamber of Commerce https://www.kenyachamber.or.ke/
- Members of the International Stability Operations Association https://stability-operations.org/
- TRACE certification is a heavily benchmarked and comprehensive due diligence review, analysis and approval process establishing that an organisation has been thoroughly vetted, trained and certified – https://www.traceinternational.org/
Castor Vali Ltd has been actively involved in the development of professional standards for the private security industry since our inception. Our integrated management system is independently certified to the following internationally recognised standards:
ISO 9001 – Quality Management
ISO 14001 – Environmental Management
OHSAS 18001 – Occupational Health & Safety Management
ISO 28000 – Security Management Systems for the Supply Chain
ISO 28007 – Guidelines for Private Maritime Security Companies (PMSC) providing privately contracted armed security personnel (PCASP) on board ships