Castor Vali has recently completed security services offshore Mogadishu – Somalia. Castor Vali was contracted to provide on and offshore security support to a complex offshore survey project.
Providing advanced specialist knowledge of the Mogadishu Offshore Security Environment
Through the coordinated activity of three Castor Vali offices, we have supported our client with our advanced specialist knowledge of the Mogadishu operating environment. This enabled us to assist with all pre-project planning through to operational delivery. Security service delivery included:
- Castor Vali’s Security Information Services department leading with all project risk and threat assessments
- Deployment of our Kenya office on the ground for onshore site reconnaissance and local stakeholder engagement.
- Our offshore department developing and co-ordinating a detailed Project Security Plan. The plan ensured the safety of the client vessels and crew
- Provision of indigenous security support whilst operating inside territorial waters.
Castor Vali’s whole system approach to Mogadishu Offshore Security
Castor Vali delivered both onshore and offshore services through the duration of the project. The project ran smoothly without any security incidents, vessel downtime or client exposure.
Our onshore team worked closely with our in-country partners, as well as the newly formed Department of Coastguard. Castor Vali delivered:
- pre-deployment training,
- standard operating procedures,
- tactical level concept of operations,
- vessel mobilisation and logistics.
Our security escort vessels provided a 24/7 legitimate security cordon to the survey within territorial waters. In line with the findings of the Risk Assessment, security was up scaled during the different phases of the survey.
Find out more
In conclusion, Castor Vali is proud to have delivered a thoroughly well planned and executed end-to-end security solution to our client in an extremely complex environment.
Castor Vali’s Security information Services (SiS) department provides regular political and security risk reporting on developments in Somalia, including daily briefings, SMS alerting of significant events and weekly reports. If you are interested in a free trial, please contact email@example.com
If you have a general enquiry you can email us: firstname.lastname@example.org