Castor Vali’s dedicated team of intelligence analysts in our Security Information Service (SIS) department in Nairobi provides regular, accurate and timely reporting on all security, political and commercial events in Kenya. This information is gathered from our analysts in the country as well as through an established source network developed over the course of a decade.
Our Kenya SIS entails access to the following:
- Daily Media Summary (DMS): Sent by 0900 EAT (East Africa Time) every day, these summaries contain articles covering the key news stories of the day. While the focus is on Kenyan security issues, the reports also cover economics, development, governance, health and issues in neighbouring countries in East Africa.
- Alerts: These reports are sent on an ongoing basis or when significant reported and verified incidents emerge. Two types of alerts are released, namely, Security Alerts, which entail alerting to live events, and Advice Notes, which are sent 48 hours before upcoming events that may impact the safety and security of our clients. Alerts are sent via SMS/WhatsApp and email.
- Weekly Report: Sent every Thursday, these reports contain a summary of the previous week’s key events in terms of crime and terrorism, as well as socio-economic and political developments, supported by graphics and maps. We also provide other useful information, including upcoming events, foreign government travel advice and iconic photographs from the media.
- Monthly Report: These reports provide a comprehensive statistical overview of key security events from the previous month. The report focuses on crime, terrorism and intercommunal violence statistics along with an analysis of historic trends and a summary of the most significant strategic developments.
- Deep Dives: Sent as and when key developments occur or trends emerge, these reports entail dedicated analytical briefs into specific topics of interest for our clients. This may include a review of key political developments, such as in the lead-up to elections, emerging crime or terrorism trends and social developments.
We encourage our clients to test our services and offer free trials to interested clients at any time. Please complete the form below to access these reports:
Security Information Service Trial
Clients interested in trailing our subscription packages should complete this form: